Friday, May 13, 2011

Writer's Group 5/12/2011

This week I was finally able to make it to my writing group again and that was amazing. We chatted quite a bit of course but I actually put down about a paragraph on my short story on top of about 500 words between the two writing prompts. I rather liked working with the prompts even though I found the second one 'Now that she was gone, I could tell the truth.' really difficult to work with. I managed about a paragraph on it though! And it would make for an interesting beginning to a short story but I'm not sure it's a story I'd actually be all that interested in.

The first prompt was to write about the first time your character felt humiliated. I had a lot of fun with that prompt and it could also be an interesting flash fiction but I don't really know (or care) how to expand on it so I think I will merely leave it alone. It's saved so I could always go back to it if I felt like I wanted to.

I'm happy that my Damon and Luke story is now sitting at 3880 words which means that progress has been made. I'm going to get some more work done on it and I'll be at starbucks all day which always helps the creative processes.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home