Thursday, April 25, 2013

A new start!

A lot has happened since I last made an entry. Mainly, I'm now jobless again and so I'm taking the time while I'm job searching to get into the groove of writing seriously again. It's hard to get in that habit even more the more time you have. Life's kind of funny this way. But I've got a lot of ideas and I'm currently in the process of starting a novella with my roommate, Sammy. I'm also pulling out some of my old short stories to edit and finish and then use as free fiction here.

I talked about before how my first novel was going to be a WWII setting but the story is proving much more heavy and difficult to write. It is coming slowly and well... I think I just need to let it come naturally as it does. If I force it I don't think it's going to turn out the way I want and it's too important of a story to me to do half-way!

That's kind of where things are now. I just wanted to note turning over the new leaf and hopefully I'll be making blog entries at least once a week if not more! Once I get my short stories in line I'll start having Short Story Saturday. That'll be my little corner where I can share some free fiction with y'all!

I'm also opening to doing reviews of any sort! So please if you want a short story, novel or anything else reviewed please let me know. I do have limited funds so I cant purchase too many books to do this but I'm willing to purchase as many as I can. I do know sometimes authors will gift a book in return for reviews. I've done this in the past and I've found some great books this way and I know it helps my fellow authors. I'm also looking for blogs to follow and read as well as more friends on twitter (@jongupped) or goodreads!

That being said. I'm going to get my writing on for the night and possibly get some more reading done on The Hobbit which I've been making my way through again!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home