Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ooops late but I had this written before Friday! T_T

Hello again! I'm on time twice (except I didn't type it until tonight)! I think I'm getting into the habit of getting these blogs up on time every single week. The more often I write them, the more I want to find a better methodology for my topics. Does anyone have suggestions for that?

I don't want my blog posts to be aimless and I want to make them interesting to read and comment on (duh!)! I don't think that's too tall an order. I just have to figure out a good direction to go.

The weather has been really weird. I'm hoping that it won't snow anymore until I get home at least TT But who knows how that will go! I can't complain about the weather too much since it's not as bad as out East. But walking to and from work has been a task! ㅠㅠ

So! I've been reading a lot. I finished Seduced by an American Millionaire by Lynda Chance. It's a novella and took me a while to get through. I usually don't mind the whole Harlequin plot what plot books but this one bothered me a lot. It was formatted badly and it had increasing instances of simple grammatical errors and typos toward the end of the story. I found the characters very two dimensional the book was very misogynistic. It's the first time I've given a book two stars in ages.

I did realize how important it is to not suddenly switch povs or settings without a separator or segue. It was very jarring and made it hard for the story to flow naturally. I'm definitely going to be watching for that in my own writing.

I've also started House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty. It was a bit slow at first but it's really picking up. I like the seamless transitions between historical and modern settings. I'm really excited to see where it's going and how the two eras are going to intermingle and come together plot wise.

The third book I've been reading has been getting the most attention from me. It's No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale. It's a young adult murder mystery, I suppose. I'm pretty far into the book and I'm still not 100% what the driving force of the plot is supposed to be. However, it's enjoyable and I do love Kippy's narration.

I suppose that's enough for now! I haven't written much this week but I did do some brainstorming and plotting for some short story submissions. But for this week... we have a really short short (312 words) called No Regrets. Please be aware by clicking the following link there is a trigger warning for suicide (very mild). It's another older story I wrote and it's a bit dark. Would love to know what people think of it! Thank you!

No Regrets

See you Friday~!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home