Friday, February 14, 2014

I'm on time!

I missed a week on updating the blog. Which I'm upset with myself about. I had it all written out but class had me extra burnt out and I just never had the motivation to type it all up. So, that means this week I am going to post two free fictions: one SFW and one NSFW. It's only Wednesday but this will be typed up and scheduled for Friday!

So, last weekend I went and saw The Monuments Men and it was even better than I thought it would be. It broke my heart but made me feel really good at the same time. Art, of every kind, is so important. It's our spirit and our legacy, proof that we existed. It was so humbling to see a movie about people who fought and died to save the human spirit. Their work was so magnificent and The Monuments Men did so much against such difficult odds.

Since the movie moved me so much and WWII fascinates me anyway,  I have started reading The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Robert M. Edsel. His introduction made me cry. I'm really enjoying the book, though, I am reading it very slowly. I recommend it if you love history!

I also recently finished reading the second book in the Lynda Chance trilogy that I talked about previously. Blackmailed into Bed is so much worse than the first and I didn't think that was possible. I feel like even smutty stories should always have character depth. Also, rapey main guys aren't sexy to me at all. This novella just felt really lazy over all and so I am dreading reading the last one in the trilogy: Bedded by the Boss.

I haven't really made any progress on House of Bathory. But, I have started reading Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. So, that's fun. I have a hard time reading only one book at a time most of the time. But it works for me if I read several at once and bounce around to what suits me at the moment.

I wrote a fanfiction drabble of a lesbian pair and actually finished it. That's the first thing I've finished in ages. I'm super proud. LOL. I've got to get writing my Bygone Beasts submission for SMP! March 30th will be here before I know it.

Well, that's all I have this week. Let's move on to the free fiction!

Giro di Venezia (NSFW, m/m erotica)

New Life (Safe for work)

Let me know what you think! I really appreciate any comments I think.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home