Friday, March 7, 2014

The last few weeks I took a break from weekly blogging. It has been a really stressful transition to the phones at work -- maybe not so stressful as mentally taxing. But I really need to get things back on track! So here we go...

This month I'm definietly geting focused on finishing my short story submissions for SMP's <i>Bygone Beasts</i> and <i>Have a Drink</i> calls. Over the weekend I'm wanting to get 6K-7K words written this weekend if not.

I'm gonna keep this week's blog pretty short! Please send me some kicks in the butt to get writing! Also, here's some new free fiction! Let me know what you think!

---

"Josephine, did you lose something?" I asked the little girl. She was adorable. Josephine had just turned three and she was full of life, and, well, she seemed to live in her own little world. She had the lightest blond hair I had ever seen and huge round blue eyes. It was the confused look in her eyes and the dazed way that she was walking around in circles that had prompted my question.

A few seconds after I had asked the question she stopped and looked at me, that spacey look she got more often than not. "Yes," she finally said, pouting a little bit and for a moment I was worried she might burst into tears. 

I smiled at her gently and knelt so that I was eye-level with her. "Well what is it, honey? Maybe I can help you find it." 

She sniffled slightly. "Sissy said I lost my head!" she finally exclaimed, her eyes widening even more and tears welling up. "I don't know where it is!"

It was all I could do not to burst out into laughter. 

THE END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home