Sunday, June 1, 2014

Did you think I forgot about this?


Long time, no blog! It's been really hard to adjust to the new job and schedule and all that entails. But now that I have a consistent schedule again, I have no reason not to get back to doing a weekly blog! So, here I am~

I work splits Monday thru Friday (7a-11a, 3p-7p). But that way I get to have two days off in a row and that's what is really important about it. Besides it's kind of nice and the day generally goes by fast.

So, I've got about a month before my Person Meets Person submission is due. It's been hard to get that particular story going. I don't know why the words just won't come to me for it. I'm going to have to buckle down and plow through a first draft soon; no matter how much it sucks. I can always fix it if I can just get the words down!

I'm not sure what's been keeping me from finishing anything lately. I think it's a lot of things but maybe foremost a lack of inspiration.

Inspire me someone!

Here's this weeks free piece. It's a poem. Pretty dark. I wrote it more than a few years ago. Let me know your thoughts!

Trigger warnings: A little morbid, implied suicide and is just generally macabre.
Hands

Grasping desperately 
My hands too slippery 
With blood covering them
I try still
As I look at them
In awed horror
Blood gushing 
In steady streams 
You look away from me 
Not trying to help 
A laugh reaches my ears 
Maniacal and cold 
Slipping, falling 
You kill the last hope 
Once reaching hands 
Lay limp in the 
Pool of blood 
Around your feet

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home